Someone once said: "It ain't braggin if you can back it up!" So as the mom of one amazingly terrific 7th grader, I have documentation to back it up.
There was an end of the school year assembly at Mc's school in which some students were honored. The parents were not invited (too crowded apparently), so at the end of the day I picked Mc up with another girlie in the car pool. I asked about it, and Mc kind of brushed it off, and luckily her friend piped up and said "Mc received about a million awards!"
Come to find out that Mc received awards in excellence in Science, History, Latin, 4.0 grade average, perfect attendance AND (drum roll please) a trophy awarded as the top 7th grader in her school! Only one trophy is given out per grade---and this cute chick got it! I didn't even realize she had perfect attendance until she got the award. AND in History----the teacher who passed it out said "Never in the history of the school had anyone gotten 100% in the class," but this year Mc and one of her best buddies Bethie did!! Amazing!
Well, I guess that would be enough to burst ones buttons with pride, but no there is more...Last weekend Mc was in the end of the year Piano jury at ASU, she played 4 memorized pieces from Bach, Beethoven, Chopin and a Jazz piece----and would you believe she received: "Superior with Honors" as her marks---that's as high as it gets folks!
Mc is fairly quiet and truly a nice girl. I told her yesterday it is lucky to be so talented in areas that are recognized with awards! We are thrilled for her accomplishments, for her diligence and we know she could absolutely do anything she set her mind to! Go Mc---you amaze us!!!
5 comments:
WOW!!! I'm glad that she is doing so well, tell her to keep it up, even when it's "not cool" in high school.
Whew!! That wore me out just reading about all those awards!!! Forget the polka dot wallpaper---she can plaster all her awards on the wall!!! She is one great chick!!!
WTG Mc!! Huge Kudos to you!! Congrats mom for raising such an incredible chick!! :)
You Go GIRL!!! ;) You are amazing to us! I hope to hear you play one day.
Oh my heavens..it's pay day for you!
Post a Comment