Sunday, February 21, 2010

A dozen things from our world...

1. Mc attended her first stake dance last week!! Super fun! Her fabulous cousins KJ and Jordan came to support her---and even dance with her. She had a great time---we are glad we had a "learn the line dance" party a month ago---it made it even more fun! They still do the electric slide---and the cha cha shuffle and etc.! Sometimes I forget I'm not a youth. Although the occasional blatant stares that I receive at the dances when I am inexplicably jamming out----bring me back to a somewhat fuzzy reality. Good thing I get to chaperone the dances every month as part of the Stake YW program!

2. Today the ward clerk handed me a paper that said something about "release time" on it. I didn't even look it over (as I was in the get to my next meeting with my children and hundreds of bags in tact mode) and asked "What is this" to which he said "It's a seminary information slip" On closer inspection, I saw that it was for Ms. Mc---to attend seminary next year! Whoa! She is going to be a High Schooler. Where has the time gone?

3. It is spring in AZ! Delightful. Along with the spring comes a bazillion tiny weeds. Our little team had a 20 minute pull out party two days ago ---and we came to a grand total of 997. There are at least 1500 to go.

3. I Planted a garden yesterday. Equipped with 3 large tomato plants from Costco and several rows of seeds of Snow Peas, Carrots, Zucchini, Cucumbers and Yellow Squash. I wouldn't say gardening is my thing, but I would say obedience is...thus: The prophet said to plant a garden so that's what I'll do!! We do LOVE fresh veggies---(I especially love tomatoes --yummy!) And please---my kids raid the garden for sugar snap peas! That makes me happy! Last Fall our garden failed tremendously, so I really felt happily blessed when it rained today causing me to visualize those tiny little seeds germinating. Here's hoping!

4. Mr. KyBear fell on the ladder of the wet swing set yesterday and crashed dramatically down on one of the metal rungs ON his mouth. Yes, there was lots of blood and yes his mouth is quite swollen---and his upper gums look a bit like ground beef right now. Luckily he had lost his two front teeth quite recently, we are hoping/praying that there is no permanent damage to his---well permanent teeth as they currently look quite askew. Time will tell.

5. Today was ward conference. This is my 7th I have attended since the first of the year, but it was so amazingly heartwarming to attend my own ward. Kybear gave a scripture in Jr. Primary (swollen mouth and all---which he valiantly displayed to all who could stomach it) Lissa gave a great talk, Mc played the piano in YW, Big D was scheduled the piano in Priesthood, Dan directed the choir, which really turned out nicely and I got to teach the Young Women.

6. Soccer is going well. I am coaching Lissa's team again this year---we won our first game 8 to 0---who knew? We have quite a few new players this season. Including a girl who has never played soccer in an organized league---but she is unstoppable (including hard to resist touching that ball with her hands!) It's fun! Big D and Kybear also won their games.

7. My minutes and hours disappear at a race----absorbed into reading to classes and kids at home, stocking the fridge only to empty it at an alarming rate making meals that take hours to prepare and seconds to consume, projects for YW, and school projects that invariably need the help of the parents, countless errands (Size 2.5 reeds for Big D's clarinet, Mc's dance class attire, Supplies for Soccer, Valentine Candies to accompany homemade hearts. etc.) 12 loads of laundry a week, exercising, making goals and making them again. Phew. Seriously---I don't remember turning the calendar after December, only filling up infintisimally tiny squares until they spill into the margins.

8. Despite the incomplete list above, we feel incredibly blessed.

9. Beautiful piano music is accompanying my current entry. It helps to elevate my thoughts. Don't you LOVE music! We love it. Dan and I went to go see the Broadway Touring Group of Mary Poppins last night. Delightful, and amazing sets, but the storyline is far too familiar to appreciate for the hours it required despite the beautiful voices.

11. Dan is in charge of a 3 ward choir in preparation for Stake Conference where we will receive a new stake president. Our current Stake President has been called to be a Mission President in Mexico.

12. Three cheers for the DVR!!! We LOVE the Olympics, but lack time---but with the beauty of the DVR---we can record and watch the events we love skipping the what not! Okay----can you even stand the half pipe---I love it! Shaun White is the bomb baby! And seriously Evan Lysacek is my new hero, I loved his post performance interview handled with such grace! The Olympics is my absolute favorite time to own a tv!!

Happy Day to you all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's no wonder I love your guts, chica! I would tell you to slow down... but I kknow that's pretty much impossible for you. :) We too LOVE the Olympics (I made Evan get me an antenna to watch the last Summer Olympics, since we were sans TV). Also was amazed at Lysacek's grace.... I like him even more since his name is Evan... :) Jo

spideybrian said...

Yeah, Brian and i are only bummed not to have tv when sports are going, namely the Olympics and Basketball...wish I were there to snag some tomatoes from your garden!

Galloping Grandparents (GG) said...

OHHHHHHH, you make me sooooooo tired!!!! Be sure to schedule some time in for us in April!!!!

The Walker clan said...

Sounds like your wonderfuly busy world just gets better all the time! :)

Elder and Sister Hale said...

whew is right! Having fun though it looks like, and THAT is all that matters!