Monday, June 14, 2010

Girl's Camp and Summer Fun!

Alrighty! There are far too many fun events to even begin to cover, and certainly I have been wrestling with these pictures for the last 35 minutes trying to put them in order, but it's really not all that user friendly---so what I'm saying is...we get what we get and we don't throw a fit! Here's a little dose of our summer happenings so far!! Great fun no doubt!
The first week out of summer, Mc and I ran off to girl's camp. The theme was "Look up and Become the Hero within!" Here's Mc in yellow with some of her 3rd year girly friends! Check out the spider web at the challenge course. A timed exercise in strategy and team work! Mc has the bandana in her hair hoisting the person through!
This last Saturday was Media day at our local water park---and of course we went to party! It was a blast. Truly at the end, Mom was trying to get just a few more rides in and the kids were pooped! Fun times people! Here below are pictured two cutie patootie sisters! The picture below is Lissa mid jump---a picture that only Grandma can take while mom is away at girl's camp!
This is "Hero Training" at girl's camp alongside a life sized Goliath. Diana, Kim and Jill are the Stake YW Presidency who taught the class.
Here are my FOUL feet post girl's camp! We were in tents the whole week---true wilderness style---no showers. Thank goodness for baby wipes and a few spigots around the camp---sorry to share this with you----you can look away now! Grandma took that picture too---but you probably already knew that! =)
Here's my warmest greeter post Girl's Camp! My cute little Tali---hugging me up with enthusiasm after a week of fun crazy play without mommy!
Check out that cute little green suited diver. Yep! That's KyBear---diving in a swim meet! 6 is the funnest age ever---I love their dives--that turn into complicated jumps/belly flops! Woo Hoo!

More fun for the troops at Amazing Jakes! Here Ky and Dan are attempting the rock wall, which I hear was quite challenging! Luckily Dan has that height thing going for him!

Sunday afternoon----Mck, KyBear, Grandpa and Tali---having fun being with family!


Okay---seriously---this picture is WAY out of order, but here is a shot of Kyden in his Kindergarten room on Graduation day! We have a lot of fun memories of this place!!


Disciplinary methods at our house include chucking the kids in the pool. Hee Hee! Or maybe that's for fun...I'm not really sure!


Do not be fooled, the pool is only about 65 inches deep, but our kiddos still manage to do a few tricks! Including a dive or two. Emergency rooms standing by...


And what would a post be without a poser picture from the youngest who is thoroughly LOVING having her siblings home for frolicking. Today she went to her first swimming lesson---and I was sitting about 20 feet away---and in the middle of the class she shouted out to me "Mommy THIS IS SOOOOO FUN!" Love that girl! May we all have such a happy attitude! Happy Summer!

6 comments:

spideybrian said...

:)!!! LOVE IT!! Your hair looks good too, btw. And Mc got her braces off!! AWESOME!! That was the slimiest feeling for me for sure!! How fun for you guys!

Galloping Grandparents (GG) said...

Hey, it was fun for us!!!! Love coming down there!!!

Elder and Sister Hale said...

Cute, cute, cute! I get to do girls camp in July!! Yippee! I do get cabins and showers though..that could be why I'm so excited!

Natalie said...

I overheard Oprah's voice in the mall yesterday talking about "winning your own talk show"...thought of you because of her requirements: "infectious happy attitude, one whom other people 'flock to' because they just seem to make others happy" Love your blog! and love all the smiles I see...but next time you're in San Diego, we should at least visit for a minute! Happy summer!

Kristy said...

Super fun pictures! I don't think they missed you Kim! But, when you have lots of fun activities to run to and from - no time for missing! :) Hope your feet came clean! Showers are TRUE!!

Anonymous said...

I can not believe how big your kiddos are!! I totally miss them. I was thinking about all the fun time the other day. Oh, how I miss not having to discipline. Glad to see all is well with you!!