Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Swim Team Schedule...

Okay! We are still here...
So Mc and a parent have to be up at 5 a.m. to get that cute chick to swim team. But can I tell you by 7-8 p.m., our whole family is in a state of sleepy stupor. All of our kids are now on swim team or in swimming lessons. Even Pop is in her own private class of "Tadpoles"---cute as a button, but they keep her swimming the whole 25 minutes! That on top of recreational swimming and playing---makes us just plain ol tuckered out!
Tonight, Pop glossily said "I'm done now" asking to get down from the dinner table, and we found her a couple minutes later asleep on the couch!
I think Mc and I are still recovering from Girl's camp lack of sleep, but it is going on 4 days now, so p'shaw...we really just keep on moving!
Having my kiddos home is delightful---and makes for a more relaxed atmosphere, but the house is messy (there are 20 cups on the counter at any given time---and only 7 people who live in the house). I clear them all out at night, BUT by 7:30 a.m., we have a bunch all over again! Accounting for about 5 friends a day---that still ain't adding up.
So today we overhauled the house. Big D did seriously about 8 chores (including sweep, mop, windows, dishes, a bathroom and vacuuming---!) He officially has tomorrow "off" for going above and beyond the call of duty! I'm wondering how I can get the day off as well---hee hee!

Well, aside from a stellar girl's camp (seriously amazing----HUGE production with amazing hand outs, classes, devotionals, star gazing and the like-- I was in awe, but happy to be a part). We are swimming loads, playing with friends, going to the library, doing homework (yes, I am a Nazi educational mom---but they only have about 30-40 minutes a day and they are fun reports, music theory, language study---and do a math page for your younger sibling---which can sometimes get dicey!)
Other than that, we are maintaining some sanity (do not guffaw here, I only claim "some" sanity) Dan did all sorts of handy work around the house while I was gone with HUGE help from his brother Rick. Thanks Rick and Tyler, I love the new look of my kitchen! I can hardly wait to see yours!
Happy Summer! I'll post pictures later!

6 comments:

The Brown's said...

wow no wonder your tires! I was a little worried that you were MIA! Glad to hear you were just a girls camp:O) Speaking of Girls Camp we are headed in July. If you have any good advice or fun stuff you want to pass along please let me know! josh_pambrown@yahoo.com Thanks!
p.s. cant wait to see the kitchen!

The Brown's said...

WOW sorry i should proof read before i send the comment:O)

JoAnn said...

I'm showing this to my kids -- just so they know I'm not the only mommy who does "school" during the summer. :)

Stop the presses -- are you actually saying that Daniel B picked up and maybe even used a TOOL? Pah-lease do not tell me it was a table say! (Rah rah for decade-old jokes!)

Love your guts -- and loved talking with you the other night -- and cutting waaaaaay into your sleep time! You're ze best!

JoAnn said...

Aha! I just figured out WHY my comments were not posted. OK -- school for the gifted, pull not push....

Elder and Sister Hale said...

I too am off to Girl's camp in July. It is all planned for us, so hopefully it is a blast! Gotta love these summer days, huh? Ours doesn't start until July. (we are still in school) Tell me how you manage homework in the summer! You are amazing!

Kristin said...

So how come *I* am the only one nodding off at 7 or 8? Maybe our swim team starts too late. Of course, I don't think my kids would be so dedicated to swimming if they had to be up at 5.