Sunday, June 28, 2009

Summer Cousin Fun!

Alright cute family and friends, here is what is going on in our little corner of the world...



In this picture, Bear holds his first lost tooth. He has learned to tie his shoes, read beginner books and ride his bike without training wheels! It must be time for Kindergarten!



Here is Ms. Pop taking a little breather!

In the last 4 weeks, 3 year old cutie patootie has gone from being held constantly in the pool, to swimming with a big ol styrofoam suit (with Nemo on it), to swimming like a fish with her trusted floaties. She pleads every morning "When are we going to go in the pool today mommy?" She LOVES it!

Here are Bear and cousin Maddie practicing their cool dives on "Fun Friday" when we get together with our local cousins and play! I love Kybears fabulous technique! We'll call that dive the "Walk in!"

If you can believe the older bunch of cuties were "swum out" this week! Between swim team and family in town---we logged at least 4-6 hours a day in pools. So by Friday, they opted for a rousing game of "Fast Sunday" instead of a swim---cute game! Pictured are Big D, Lissa, Cousins: Kayla, Jordan, Mc, and KJ!

Giggling ---and check out KJ's hand posed to slap that card!!



On Tuesday, our fun cousins from Vegas came into town. We haven't seen them for a while, so it was sure fun to play together!

As part of our playing, We went to the Circus! I can't believe what they get those pachyderms to do! Amazing! 9 Elephants posing on a little steps! The Tigers were pretty fiesty too! Our kids and cousins were truly riveted! The trapeeze, high wire and acrobats get more complicated and risky every year. I was fairly riveted myself.

Cuties pictured here: Kayleah, Caroline, Lissa and Bear.

Mommy Clown and one of her favorite sidekicks!

Caroline, Kayleah and Lissa also briefly attended "clown school" before the circus!

Here's a little media dinner at Cooper's Town (as in Alice Cooper---all the waiters wear a black eyeliner squiggle under their eye) Pop, Bear and their cute daddy chowing a little pre-circus Grub! Dan had strep throat this last week. He had a fever of 103 last Sunday on Father's day. By Tuesday he was feeling much more like himself, but still quarantined for contagious effects, so he overhauled the backyard! He didn't want to burn up a day off work just laying around if he didn't have to! What a guy!

Here's Ms. Pop, Mc and Katelynn making Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies!
(Jif recipe on line--really turned out scrumptious.)

And here's some peeps getting in on the act! Who will help us eat the cookies?
Well last bit of news of this week is that I was called to be 1st counselor in the Stake YW Presidency. I feel a little blue to leave my darling primary who I adore. But I am excited to work with the fabulous youth of our stake. I teased Mc that I am likely to go with her to Girl's camp every year --luckily she didn't seem too phased! We are loving summer!

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Looks like fun times there! Too bad we weren't part of that cousin fun. Someday...

Best of luck in the new calling. I'm sure you'll be a great asset to the Young Women of your stake.

Galloping Grandparents (GG) said...

Love the pix, keep em coming...altho I guess I will have the next big batch of pix!!!

The Brown's said...

What a fun family get together! The kids looked like they had a great time and made some really fun memories together.
I am thrilled for your new calling! You are going to do such a great job. We will have to share fun ideas:O)

Jolynn said...

Great pictures! Thanks again for keeping our kids. They had a blast! Your new calling is going to be much fun.=)

Elder and Sister Hale said...

Ours finally begings tomorrow, for it is FINALLY the LAST day of school! Whew!! You are having a blast! Congratulations on your new calling! wow!

Anonymous said...

Have fun in your new calling!! I can't believe how big your kids are getting. Rocket is doing fine. But feeling a little unloved these days I'm afraid.