Sunday, May 2, 2010

Aloha Friends!


Well I do have a great reason for not blogging lately! I've been busy playing with my cute hubby in Kauai, Hawaii! Aloha and Mahalo!
Here is a picture of one of my favorite aspects of tropical vacations---snorkeling and checking out the dolphins in the wild! Love it!! I was sitting right above these frolicsome creatures. See the lower rt. corner of the picture is the Zodiac---and I was sitting there on the edge snapping a few pictures, I could have pet one of those guys---had that been allowed. We saw an estimated 1000 dolphins that day! Wowsers!




The younger spinner dolphins were spinning in the air---for our awed enjoyment!

Dan had his birthday the Saturday we were there and we had Hawaiian ice with a scoop of ice cream (Aloha style) Delightful!




This is one of Dan's FAVORITE spots. Kipu Falls. You hike in and then cliff jump til your hearts content. Ironically, we stopped originally at the wrong bridge and started hiking into the dense jungle of sugar cane per Dan's determined instructions. I, as a dutiful wife, was neigh saying the whole time, and finally when the scrapes and mosquito bites on my legs reached close to 100 (estimated) I put my foot down and said "This is NOT a Trail I am NOT going any farther babe!!!" Well---we retraced our treacherous steps falling into a stinkey stream in which we would have fared better had we brought our machete! We eventually a few miles down the road found the correct place to play. My mosquito bites are still pretty icky ;) But we had a great time!!!










Here we are on our hike to Secret Falls just off the Wailua River. Check out the Morning Glory Jungle just behind Dan. The vines just grow up and over everything. Kauai is breathtakingly beautiful! Pictures do not do it justice, you really need to just experience it!



Hang Loose Baby! Here is Judah our Wailua River Kayaking Tour Guide. His Dread Locks apparently reach past his bum, but he had them in a make shift bun for his day job. He also sings with a reggae group. Ya 'mon Believe it!








I wouldn't say that Kayaking was our favorite---Dan just doesn't like me to be in charge that's the real issue. But we are looking into counseling. ;)












More luscious Pictures on our way and next to Secret Falls! We saw at least 80 waterfalls, maybe more! One cannot be expected to continuously count while vacationing!














One can even celebrate alone time in the airport! We had a blast---we LOVE to play together! I love that boy! AND HUGE thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for playing with our kiddos while we were off in the tropics. Super Gs are home from their mission and they hopped into action when we made this fun and spontaneous plan about 10 days before we left! Sigh. We've been home 5 days and it seems like a lifetime ago. Good thing we have pictures to remind of the JOY!! If you go to Kaua'i check out the Queen's Bath, Spouting Horn, Lawa'i was my favorite snorkle spot, Dan liked the tour off Na'Poli Coast, where we saw a couple sharks, turtles, monk seals and etc. Sigh! We're toying with taking our kiddos next year, which would REALLY alter the vacation, but I am excited to share some of the things we LOVE with our kiddos!! Aloha!

9 comments:

annie said...

It looks amazing!So glad you had a great trip!

Carrie said...

Okay...jealous doesn't even BEGIN to describe it!! That looks awesome. Someday. Someday I'll be there!
Glad you guys had a good trip!

JoAnn said...

Ahhhhhhhh -- soooooo fun! I'm ready to go back to Hawaii for sure! Funny thing -- we loved, loved, loved kayaking -- but that's because we each got our own kayak. It really helps with marital harmony......

Magnificent Myers said...

It seems like it would have been more convenient to have someone along to take pics FOR you! So glad you got to go! I am a believer of those getaways together. Thans for sharing!

Amy Petersen Coaching said...

Wow, Wow and Wow!!!!!!! I am so happy for you two. There is just nothing like alone time vacation with your hubby. It really does recharge your marriage. My favorite thing about vacations with my man is just being myself and his wife and not the mom. It is the best. Your pictures are beautiful.

spideybrian said...

AWESOME!! Love it!! Made me want to escape for a bit as well. Great pics!

The Walker clan said...

That is definantly a dream vacation! And to only spend it with your love for the first time seems like a deal to me! :) How funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Elder and Sister Hale said...

Soooooo fun! Soooooo jealous! We are FINALLY going next year for our 15th anniversary! I hope anyways! It's our intentions! You guys had such a blast!

FoxFamily said...

How fun! That's great that you and Dan got to have a nice little adventure together! Beautiful pictures!