
I've been teaching Kyden how to find the missing addend (fancy school word for number) through every day items in addition to on paper.
So I was saying..."What if there were 12 apples on the counter when you left for school, but when you get back there were only 5. How many apples were taken?
So then on the last one I said...
"What if we made 20 cupcakes, but when we came back into the kitchen there were only 19..."
And immediately 4 year old Tali blurts out:
"OH IT WAS PROBABLY ME---because I LOVE cupcakes!!"
Gotta love her forthcoming attitude!
Furthermore, yesterday I was driving the "pick up the kids from across town car pool" and I got to to an intersection in which the traffic just would not let up and I felt certain that I might be stuck there all day and not make it in time. Finally I jokingly say to Ky and Tali who are in the car:
"Okay fine...Maybe I will just cry...Should I just cry?" Kyden sincerely answers back....
"Well not if you are going to cover your eyes!"
There you have it. Very practical. A few little quips from our world.
So I was saying..."What if there were 12 apples on the counter when you left for school, but when you get back there were only 5. How many apples were taken?
So then on the last one I said...
"What if we made 20 cupcakes, but when we came back into the kitchen there were only 19..."
And immediately 4 year old Tali blurts out:
"OH IT WAS PROBABLY ME---because I LOVE cupcakes!!"
Gotta love her forthcoming attitude!
Furthermore, yesterday I was driving the "pick up the kids from across town car pool" and I got to to an intersection in which the traffic just would not let up and I felt certain that I might be stuck there all day and not make it in time. Finally I jokingly say to Ky and Tali who are in the car:
"Okay fine...Maybe I will just cry...Should I just cry?" Kyden sincerely answers back....
"Well not if you are going to cover your eyes!"
There you have it. Very practical. A few little quips from our world.
5 comments:
Your kids are so full of wit and wisdom....can't wait to be there and hear it all!!!
:)! Love little kid comments!
oh so funny!
Kids do say the darndest things :)
I'm with Tali...and if they'd been BROWNIES instead of cupcakes...there would have been only 4 left and I'd have eaten the 16.
Great job recording those cute kid thoughts.
Post a Comment