Monday, November 8, 2010

Fall Traditions


Dallin looking for new residence as maybe Peter (the pumpkin eater...)

Sorted and organized. Quite the haul for Ms. Lissa---considering we did NOT trick or treat. She generously shared---and of course still has quite the stash to be rationed over the next 3 or more months.
Let the sorting begin...



Local trunk or treaters. Check out Cruella De Vil. I thought she deserved a little spot in this entry!




Concerts---clarinet playing and tuxedo wearing Big D!


Lissa was a glow in the dark stick figure twice and a rock star once...but the MAIN event when it came to pumpkin carving this year!!
Check out her final result!





Tali was a snow princess one night, super girl another and a royal blue princess (or as she calls it---a blueberry princess) Fun to have so many options! Every Sunday after choir in our home, Tali regally descends the stairs in whatever costume suits her fancy. Truly it has become a weekly tradition!







Gymnastics Recital!






I remember being able to pop in and out of this position...I don't remember quite how long ago!










Favorite picture!!! I call it: "Looking from a new perspective!" I wonder if I might see things differently from that angle!
We love Fall Traditions. I am baffled that I do NOT have pictures of all my dressed up kids. Kyden was a ninja, Dallin was a pirate and Mc was sleeping beauty (in PJ'S---with a crown!) Further robbery for this particular entry is the lack of evidence of our scrumptious Caramel Apples---(truly our best consolation for lack of trick or treating this year)! Everyone had a blast passing out the treats and chewing on sugar smothered apples! The most noteworthy and rather crazy event was eating a Thanksgiving dinner this year ON Halloween! We had a turkey in the freezer---and had been meaning to use it...Luckily this means we have fulfilled our over the top food prep for this Fall season! PHEW! Feeling good!

6 comments:

Melanie and Jared said...

Thanks for the message, life is very happy with TWO daughters now! I love every minute. Your "chickens" are so adorable! I can't believe how big the baby it! Not a baby anymore

JoAnn said...

Love the update! No trick-or-treating? Everyone here does it on Saturday. Love how your kids organize and sort the candy. So cute.

Is Shelli Lamoureaux in your ward? Long story-- but we adore their family. We are actually related somehow, but when my family moved to Gilbert in 1971, the Lamoureaux's absolutely took us under their wings.

Bwaha -- we just cooked our frozen turkey from last year too -- in order to create room for this year's turkey sale. :)

Ze Wilson chicos are so stinkin' CUTE!

Galloping Grandparents (GG) said...

I'm sorry, but those kids are soooo cute!!! Must be inherited!!

Elder and Sister Hale said...

Thanksgiving on Halloween? I say YES! Anything to bump that non-holiday (that everyone treats as such) out and bring in the cozy foods of Thanksgiving...we should all do it! Can't get enough of Thanksgiving feasts! BTW, I get the bigger pictures and collages from photobucket.com...I love that I can fit many pictures into one space and still be able to see them!

Amanda Tippetts said...

I've become mildly obsessed with reading your blog. You are such a vivid commentator. It's really fun to peruse...

Kim and company said...

Amanda, you are welcome anytime. =) JoAnn, YES---Shelli and her boys are in our ward. She is a riot. Laura, I am glad we can visit each other's blogs and keep up on lives of cousins!! =) Happy Fall friends!