And will you succeed? Yes you will indeed...98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed!
Kid you'll move mountains! So be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray...or Mordacai Alley Van Allen O'Shea...
Your mountain is waiting...so...get on your way!
Who can name that quote!? Anyone in my family can! (Extended family too.)
Well, we have come to the end of another soccer season.
3 Seasons ago, I was rather shockingly drafted to be a soccer coach. I have 7 years experience being a soccer mom, but NONE in coaching and certainly none of playing (unless the backyard counts). The team did NOT have a coach and would not be able to play and I didn't want Lissa missing out, so I said I would be willing to assist another more able body. 10 minutes later the team roster was emailed to me. Gasp.
Well, I was nervous. I've done lots of OTHER kinds of things (direct musicals, organize big parties, run my own business, teach 30+ voice students and etc.) , but I've never really explored sports other than horse vaulting and a few years of gymnastics many years ago.
Under the weight of my new responsibility, I panicked a little, surprisingly lost a little sleep, then I gritted my teeth and went to work. I googled LOTS of rules, plays and endless scrimmage ideas as well as techniques. My in laws sent me a book (not for dummies, but like unto) Then I fit one more thing into my "balancing of all things"and became a soccer coach.
I really had only 2 things going for me: I am enthusiastic and I love kids. I was hoping the girls and parents wouldn't catch on that I was truly a soccer impostor maybe even a fraud. However something amazing happened.
I encouraged and loved those girls---and they learned and became better. I eventually stopped panicking while driving to games that I would NOT know what in the heavens to do.
Now as our 3rd season comes to a close I love my soccer fun! I do know a bit more and only consult my book once a week for ideas! Hee Hee!
This next year, our stake Young Women's program is hosting a Exhibition of Excellence. We are encouraging all the young women to perhaps write a story, or a song, or design something new, sew a dress, and one category is entitled: NOVICE (try something new)
There is a fabulous sculptor in our valley, who didn't even know she could sculpt until she tried it out at age 40 and truly her work is breathtaking! There is a lady in her 70s who lives down the street from me, who taught herself to play the piano back a decade or so and now accompanies the Relief Society. How cool is that people? I'm just saying---there is greatness inside EVERYONE and it may cause you to squirm, but you never know what you may uncover!
Your mountain is waiting...so GET ON YOUR WAY! (You said it Dr. Suess!)
4 comments:
how awesome is that?? You go girl! I bet those girls loved you as much as you loved them. While working on my personal progress I decided to learn to play the guitar. Been taking lessons for almost a year and LOVE it. Who knew I could learn something new even at 100!!!
OH The Places You'll Go!!!
I knew it was Dr. Seuss! And you know what? It so does NOT surprise me that you could tackle something like this! You are my hero!
I played all the sports and am still a chicken about coaching! Way to go!
Post a Comment