Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Our Weekend at a glance...

Big D loves soccer. He has played since he was 4 or 5. His team name is "Inferno." He gets to play with his good buddy Chris, and Chris' dad is the coach!
One of his favorite positions is to play goalie, especially since he injured his achilles tendon...
Mc had a bunch of fun and giggly girls over on Friday night! Lots of Chocolate and Laughter...
There was even a few bandannas to serve as disguise for faces as they kidnapped one of their friends from her bed by force (tough silly string toting babes!--oooh watch out!)
Here Pop is helping mommy make a double batch of chocolate chip cookies. "can I have some now mom?" was the reoccurring question as we added each ingredient. Who allows their 2 year old to sit on the counter anyway? Incidentally, this batch called for lemon juice--said to help the baking soda activate and make the whole cookie chewie---they were yummy.
Here's Bear playing soccer. His team is the Tigers! (Did I mention that we had 3 games at the same time on Saturday?)Watching Bear is a giggle fest--I just have a silly grin on my face the whole time. He is 4---and he hops around and laughs---and even kicks the ball when it occurs to him---he just loves having the chance to run and play.
Check out the tongue and the positioned hands---hee hee!
Best part of the game to Bear! End of the game snack!
Here's Tough little Lissa in action!
Phew! She scored 2 goals for her team (out of 5) Her team is the Pink Sparkle Puppies! (Pink Panthers was apparently taken)
Not pictured--waffles with homemade Buttermilk syrup (an absolute sin) and Orange Julius with the Breinholts! Conference---pages of notes and resolve to do/be better! I am Loving it that Lehonti was mentioned twice---(hmmm poisoned by degrees--quite a lesson!) Loved the further teaching Elder Bednar gave about praying--gotta study that one again. LOVED the message from President Monson about cherishing our kids and making memories. Bear and Pop were heartily jumping on Dan at that moment---and it just pulled on my heart strings! What a great weekend!

4 comments:

Jenn & Kiddos said...

What a fun family!

spideybrian said...

I love it!!! I miss soccer so much, so seeing those pictures of your kids playing makes me wish I were there to play around with them, what a great sport!! Gotta love the repeated questions from Pop, can't wait till my guy is doing the same thing...or can I? :) I hope you got my voice mail, if not, I did call on your bday and left you an awesome message!! Happy Birthday sis!

Carrie said...

You seem like such a fun mom, Kim! You must be the "cool" mom in the neighborhood. I'm drained after just READING about your weekend! Sounds like a lot of fun, though!

Kim and company said...

I'm sure my kids would correct you, that I am a taskmaster---and THEN a fun mom. We try to keep a balance, I'm sure we tip in one direction or the other often!