Truly the week has been practically perfect. It reminds me of an article I read years ago that stuck with me--about "gathering sunshine!" Life is crazy and imperfect and trials come along to stretch you and help you along the growth process, but occasionally moments of respite come along where we must gather sunshine to strengthen ourselves for rainy days!
Anyway, that was a lengthy way to say that I've had a great week with my family and I feel happily grateful!
This week, we have gone caroling to a bajillion homes, actually traveled to the North Pole, rode the Polar Express, had a brief encounter with Santa--received a big ol Christmas bell (which I am happy to report--I can STILL hear the tune--because I BELIEVE!) We have eaten enough Christmas treat platters, to red faced loosen our belts and feel chubby(ugh!) and start planning for our Physical Fitness New Years Resolutions--Yahoo! We have played with family, exchanged white elephant gifts and more. Actually, I ruined 5 pounds of melted chocolate in making a big ol dessert for family---pretty much a sin according to my sweets loving hubby. Luckily my brother had an enormous chocolate bar he received at his medical practice, and we started from scratch again (PHEW!) We read "Why the Bells Rang," "The gift of the Magi" and etc!! We acted out the manger scene, and reflected on blessings big and small! Drink deep of these happy moments!!
My kids are playing with various beeping and and musical gadgets and toys, some thrilled, some frustrated with the "dumb thing" but hey this is BLISS.
Really, it's just great to hang out together and have our responsibilities be few---wear new cozy jams (and I'm happy to report that Pop received her very own "cozy robe" perfect for snuggling that we cannot get off her now!!) This really is Bliss.
I hope your holidays are bright and chalk full of great family moments of joy and peace!
5 comments:
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU BIG SIS!!! I'm glad to hear that everything is great with you and yours, we love you and are happy to peek in on your posts of mirth and joy ;)
What stinkin fun holiday celebrations! I love all the sweet pictures of the kids. What the heck happened to Dans gotee? I know we have been out of touch for a while but I was just getting use to it:O) Merry Christmas!!!
Sounds like you had a perfect Christmas! I love that you live for the moment and savor every minute with your family. Thanks for the great example:-)
Santa definitely came to AZ!!! Good times! I love seeing the pics of your kids with their faves. So cute.
Glad you had such a very merry Christmas!
We sure thought of you as we raced wildly through the house.
I can't believe how old your kids look! I hope we get to see you guys before too much more time elapses. Let us know if you ever want to visit...
Post a Comment