Tuesday, September 23, 2008

First Day of Fall






Cooking and cleaning can wait til tomorrow,
For children grow up we have learned to our sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs, dust --go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

I saw this Poem 12 years ago when Mc was 6 months old and I was moved nearly to tears for it's sentiment. I memorized it on the spot, for fear that I would forget the idea and lesson as well. I have since seen it many times on a nursery wall, or in a boutique. Occasionally it pops to the forefront of the churning in my mind, and it usually gets me to do something crazy.

Yesterday it turns out was the First day of Fall! Ya hoo! However when you live in a toasty Desert the first day of Fall is another day of perpetual summer with an eventual promise of cooler days. In fact, my littlest munchkins Bear and Pop were in the midst of doing "too many chores" with mommy, when Bear said "Why don't we go swimming?"

Well why not? Children grow up we have learned to our sorrow! So here's us celebrating what should be the leaves changing color, but really it is as Pop said when she stuck her toes in the pool: "Ooooh dat's chilly." (The pool tells us first that it may eventually cool down here) Bubbles and playing in the pool to say goodbye to summer!

1 comment:

spideybrian said...

What a great reason to live in AZ, UT, unfortunately, gets cold way too quick and although fall is beautiful here, you blink and it's gone. I wish I were there swimming with you guys!!! So does Zak...uh, maybe not quite yet...

Aunt Kayleen