Thursday, September 11, 2008

Jeepers Creepers!

Where'd ya get those peepers? Something about the way that our genes have come together. Mc, Big D and Lissa are all bespectacled kiddos now.

Lissa in her new get up!

Big D and Mc!
Lissa and Pop!
Pop in her goods! (You can't see her purse, but it's there)

During the Olympics, Lissa got up from her seat to inspect the scores more closely on the TV. I could read them fine, but she repeatedly got up to read them. Mc and Big D got glasses last December, and when I saw Lissa getting up to read the divers and gymnastic scores, I knew that our little eight year old was needing a eye exam as well.

So here she is! She loved picking out her frames and we've had enough talks about responsibility and what to do and what not to do with glasses---that she is a pro at rolling her eyes (with or without glasses.) She has had mostly positive attention, (apparently glasses are hip) although she has had a few unkind comments kids don't say "four eyes" anymore, but a variety of other things. This life is all about building lasting character isn't it? We might as well jump on in!

Pop has worn her sunglasses consistently since Lissa received her glasses so she can fit in with the other kiddos. Pop also also carries around her pink purse and cell phone---giving animated conversations including "oh my goodness" and "Holy Cow". Good to know she is keeping in touch with everyone. I hope she calls you too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look fabulous Lissa! :-) Josh has a pair - wondering what will happen with the rest of the kiddos in our family!

Reed and I don't wear glasses (though my father-in-law pointed out that 43 is the magic "need-bifocals" age - and "if you think you don't - you are in denial!" ;-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Sooo hip!!! Wendy

Anonymous said...

Lissa!!! you are one hot chick!!! I love the glasses!! I don't wear glasses, but Brian does (actually, he usually wears contacts), but I think he looks so handsome in his glasses. They give you such a charming look!!