1. Big D (My 11 year old son) walks home everyday from the bus stop with a cute neighbor girl--- How darling, and worrisome, the girl is carrying a copy of Twilight in her hands. Hmmmm...I'll keep my eye on that.
2. I'm making roast red potatoes, grilled chicken and a big ol yummy salad for dinner, I love it when I have a plan and know that most of the troops will smile as opposed to grimace! (I do try to plan ahead, but I'm not on top of it this week---see item #3)
3. To FaceBook or Not to FaceBook that is the question. I've made fun of Dan for 2-3 months now about the time that slips from his life while he peruses his friend's from 6th grade coming and goings. I've receive 5 invitations from various buddies to join over time, and then OUT OF THE BLUE I dove in 3 nights ago--why??? I'm still not sure. Whoa---it's like a crazy and weird trip through my life via the Twilight Zone on line. The night after creating my account (rather hesitantly giving away various information)----I was STUNNED, when I opened my email the next afternoon---to find 100 emails of friends who wanted to be "friends" on facebook. Fun and disarming! I don't really have time for it, but it was a fun experiment. We'll see where it goes.
4. Today is GLORIOUS! It is 78 degrees and perfectly sunny with a light breeze! My kids are in the back yard right now running and laughing---is that happy or what? We went to a preschool backyard party today and jumped on the trampoline, and I felt the glee and youth that spring weather brings.
5. Not everyone is in the backyard, Lissa is at the piano---we are due for a lesson-- which is a test of wills for both parties. Sigh.
6. Tonight I will be attending Pine Wood Derby, despite the fact that I have no cub scout age kiddos. (Primary business =)
7. I'm thinking of printing my blog (that was my original intent for my family---a rather easy scrapbook) Have any of you done it? Or have you seen it done?
8. Mc takes the cake for no sugar for 3 months (except one free day) Big D has done well although folded a few times---and same for his mom! Only a few more weeks to go---and both have said they never realized how much sugar they get offered EVERY DAY! Look at that---a lesson---and a goal. Bonus!
9. Hope you all are happy---and if you do anything insane like join face book--clear your schedule and order out!
13 comments:
love this post i agree with facebook i have had a face book account for a couple months now i was obssed with it more in the beginning not so much now i will get on it and look what everyone is doing i dont update as much for myself the obsession will die down soon have fun with it
I have several friends who have printed their blogs via blurb.com. The books are BEAUTIFUL. I am planning on doing one -- I have enough content for three or four. I have just been spending that time on Facebook instead. ;)
I am cheap and I don't care about having a fancy blog book, so I've just done mine myself. I print it out at the end of each month (copying it into Microsoft Word). I had a struggle formatting it in the beginning, but now I have a layout saved on Word and it just takes a few minutes each month.
I started my blog at the beginning of last year. So this last January, I took all of my blog printouts to the UPS store, paid $2.00 and got it all spiral bound with heavy cardstock front and back. I am perfectly happy with it.
I have prints of all of the pictures I post on my blog (whether they get scrapbooked or not...) so having a mediocre copy of them on my self-printed blog is fine with me!
...my experience...
I am laughing about what you said about Dan on Facebook because my brother was one of those 5th grade friends. Hee hee. I too am a Facebook addict. It is fun to stay in touch with old friends, and new ones too. I started a weight loss group on there and they are now a big support system for me.
I also printed my blog through Blog2Print (there is a link on my blog). It was the first 1.5 years of my blog. I absolutely love it and plan on doing it at the end of each year. It came back like a yearbook- wasn't expecting it to be that nice. Hardbound, full color copies on nice thick paper. It was about $80 with shipping. But it was 182 pages- and I know they charge by the page. I figure that is way cheaper than scrapbooking. Plus you can download it to a disk. Hope that helps.
Take care.
Holy Cow, the kids are SOOOOO BIG! I can not believe how fast the time flys. The kidos are so cute. I have a Relief Society calling at the moment and miss you tons, I think of you alot these days.
Facebook does calm down. I had the same experience when I first put my name on and I got contacted by a bunch of people from work. It's fun to hear from them. But I don't even go on it every day!
im back i think the idea of printing your blog and scrapbooking it is a good idea i had never thought of that before i just might do that now
I'm going to say "no" on the facebook front. Is that negative of me? Probably, but everyone I know that has a facebook can't get away from it. It's a time consumer. Fluff.
But that's just an opinion. It did come out while I was on my mission, so that might have something to do with my disdain for it.
I have issues with facebook, too, In that it is a little freaky, and then there's the time thing. I had an account then decided to close it, and then opened it again because it was the only way I could contact someone who knew about a friend who passed away. So now I am back on facebook, but I do keep the e-mails from invading my box so that I only check in when I feel like wasting time, not every time I get a new friend request!
You know facebook only takes up time if you let it. So don't fret my pet it will calm down! I've never printed my blog but if you figure it out befor me let me know how you did it. And very important...please send that 70 degree weather our way PLEASE!!! I'm sick of looking at the snow on my patio and the 30 degree high's for the day.
Facebook was an issue for about a month...and boy I thought, what have I gotten myself into?! Now...never look at it except when someone emails me. And that only happens maybe once a week. Blogging is much more fun to spend time on! I am also planning on making a book out of my blogs at the end of the year. I have seen the finished product of a friends and it is fantastic!!
OH NO!!! Not you too!!! Charley claims I am the only one not on facebook. Now I know he is telling the truth!! I just don't have time for it. I do most things on the internet at work. SHHH!! Facebook is a banned site, the nerve. So it is something I just don't do. I get on Charley's though and look for friends from the past. I think that it is fun to know what some are up to.
I'm still holding out on the facebook deal...not sure I will ever take that plunge.
Hope you're having great fun with it though!
Post a Comment