Sunday, March 15, 2009

Work a Little, Play a little


Saturday after Soccer games, we came home and cleaned up our cars---inside and out!

I think Dan's car audibly sighed after being decluttered inside! What a great dad---out there cleaning his car and spraying the eager kiddos! Check out Big D in the spotlight, apparently auditioning for some show on his dad's bumper!
Proof that we finally honored our birthday promise for Bear! 2 hours of bowling---that was pretty darn fun and maybe about 20 minutes too long for our young friends.
Lissa was happy to improve on this sport as the game progressed, and even Mom was grateful for bumper pads a couple times!!
Bowling was not Mc's favorite, but by game two the girl was holding her own!!

Many years ago, I was ready to break all ties with a cute guy I was dating, because he became crazy competitive on a double date over a game of bowling (remember that JoAnn?) Luckily I stuck it out and then eventually yielded to all his abundant charms and married him! And we have gone on to bowl again albeit with 5 children and bumper pads! Hey, the more the merrier in my book! Hope your weekend was fun!

4 comments:

The Brown's said...

Glad you got to finally got to go celebrate the birthday! Sounds like fun!

JoAnn said...

Oh yes! I absolutely remember our bowling excursion... back in 1993, right? I hope everything was better this time 'round! Looks like the kids had a ball!

The Hardles said...

I love it! Just a blink ago there were only 3 kiddos, and now look at your crew! Cute cute kids! I love reading of all the happenings with your family. Bowling is always a fun event, looks like a successful activity. Who knew Dan was a competitive bowler???

Elder and Sister Hale said...

Bowling is an all time favorite family activity! The kids make it a joke that even my four year old scores higher than I! Looks like you guys had so much fun!