Does anyone ever feel like this? Some days I am overwhelmed in all the ways I am not cutting it! I put on a happy face and try to fake it til I make it. But sometimes I pass the mirror and see that my "happy face" looks a little ODD, contrived at best and spooky at worst! (and when did I get those wrinkles around my eyes?) Attitude really is everything---if you believe you can do it---then you can. If you believe that you can't---well then it is already decided isn't it?
We just finished our Primary program last Sunday---PHEW! Apparently to rave reviews---of course the most darling moments were ones that weren't planned, but a few planned ones were captivating as well. Now I am in the throws of concerts for kids, end of soccer for 3 kids and voice recitals for my own classes coming up---in two weeks. We've added another rehearsal to polish out a few kinks! And who on earth authorized Christmas to fall upon us so close after? Wow it is hard to make merry at a sprint! I wish I had great ideas for Christmas gifts, I don't like to just buy "stuff." Let's go caroling!
I digress (not shocking to those that know me best) I know that when I slow down life to a walking pace and look around and think---I am not cutting it, I just better start running again, as negative thoughts really take too much time! I know that I have to sharpen the blade---that is a true principle, but sometimes I just have to make do with a rusty blade. That's me---sometimes polished and sharp and sometimes rusty and dull.
A friend of mine yesterday told me that she admired how I had everything in a row--and was managing my life and family so well. I looked at her and said "Uh, I'm glad you see that, but I'm on the inside and know the real scoop!" Keep running...like Dory from Finding Nemo---Just keep swimming...
9 comments:
Kim,
I feel the same more often then not. You just have a fabulouse way of not showing it! I need to learn a few more tricks then maybe I can even fool myself. :)
Love Angela
If you must know, I feel inadequate in some way or another every day, and especially on the days when I read YOUR blog. :) You're a great example of having your priorities straight!
We ALL feel that way. You do such a spectacular job of being a mom so who cares about the rest???? Your kids are the top of the line so don't worry about the rest. You always try to run too fast....slow down!!!! Love the job you do!!!
Grama and Grampa
You stole my post....the one I haven't gotten around to writing, along with the clothes that need to be ironed and the fridge that needs to be cleaned. When I read Elder Wirthlin's conference talk this morning on the treadmill, I decided to make his phrase my new favorite, "Come what may and LOVE it". I am working on the "LOVE- being-so-crazy-busy-that-I-can't-remember-my-name" stage of life.
I hear it just gets busier with teenagers so I guess I better learn to love busy! You are my hero Kim. If you had a dime for every time I thought of you, you'd be surprised! Love ya!
Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...
You guys are all terrific. Thank you for the smiles that you brought to my face and heart! This morning, I thought about how I had written this entry---and just about blushed (seldom occurance), but you fabulous friends console me. PS. I have decided that the cure is a dose of fun---drop it all and have some fun. Is that wicked-Ha? I hope not---cause it sure felt like a cure. Maybe I'll blog it =)!
Kimbo -- NEVER stop digressing. I love your digressifications. But I digress. P.S. You are not inadequate. You are amazing. Evidently your only inadequacy is underestimating your amazingness. So cut it out. I love your guts and entrails.
I'm running along right there with you! I think you are amazing. When we do slow down we should look back at all that has been accomplished and feel satisfied and content...and I will work on practicing what I am preaching b/c more often than not, I feel inadequate as well.
I think we ALL know that feeling. And yes, I think a little fun goes a long way.
People always tell me they don't know how I do it with five little kids...and I always think (and sometimes say) not very well some days.
Post a Comment