Monday, February 9, 2009

Unbuttoned and Undone...

  • Well after a rather hectic week I ask Mc what I should blog and she says "Um, that we are crazy busy?" To which I respond---"hmmmm that comes across boring." I mean I think we are all busy---right? Is there anyone out there sitting down and nothing comes to mind of what you should be doing or about 20 somethings you should be doing?
    This is how my last week unfolded--a few highlights from it: (Boring or not)
    Monday: Exercise, Get kids out the door with a smile and a kiss, 8 Loads of Laundry and overhaul house, Grocery Shop with 2 little darlings, Extra kids over, Carpool, and normal homework and etc...Fabulous Nutritionally Balanced dinner on the table with homemade bread and FHE (Easy)
    Tuesday: Exercise, Books and preschool leaning with Bear and Pop, Same ol make lunches, snack, Dinner---just making all things ahead of time as Voice Lessons are today. Car Pool, Teach Lessons, Lightning feed of Children and then bring 5 kiddos upstairs so we can host a Road Show Planning Meeting with 20 people. (Don't forget make cookies for meeting while not consuming sugar---not a problem). Post Meeting, listen to every story of 5 kiddos while brushing teeth, inspecting homework, and ushering children towards bed. Write Road Show notes.
    Wednesday: Exercise, Visit Teach with Valentine Love, Extra kids over, run Carpool, Mull over Presidency re-organization for Primary, Same ol food prep (every day---why do we eat so often??) Soccer for Big D and Lissa, Big D to Scouts, and Mc early to YW with a plain cake to decorate (that I made while not consuming sugar) Write notes for Road Show...cross out notes for Road Show.
    Thursday: Exercise, Teach 2 Piano lessons to Big D and Lissa, Housework, Books and such with Pop and Bear, GASP when I realize I have completely spaced my 3rd visiting teaching appointment---gather Valentine gift and run over in my work out clothes 20 minutes late--and Pop still in her PJ's. Feed kids early dinner and run out to the Theatre to see Lion King with Dan. Great Show---amazing and clever scenery and costumes. Love it. Get home late, but I got a date didn't I!
    Friday: Exercise, blah, blah, blah, run Mc to Piano Lessons, take Pop and Bear to park, run errands---including more groceries, come home---and overhaul house, Having a dinner party at our house tonight as part of ward activity. Decide against easy dish for dinner, decide instead to pound, butterfly and stuff chicken and then wrap with bacon---why not? A guest calls---wonders if she can bring her mother. Pound, Butterfly and stuff another piece. Extend table and decorate with fun Valentine theme. Run Big D to and from soccer, Feed children and bribe with special treats to once again go upstairs while we host this party. Post the party, I finally go into the bathroom and discover my zipper has been down ALL NIGHT! Perfect. Stellar!
    Saturday: Soccer is back, games for Big D and Lissa, Volleyball workshop for Mc, Eat sugar---(it is my free day)---and realize AGAIN that sugar really makes me feel horribly---eat more sugar hoping to cure headache. Write lots of notes for Road Show, Dan wrinkles nose at notes, Kim no longer asking opinions.
    Sunday: 8 a.m. Ward Council, Write Road Show Notes while getting ready, Arrive at 8:03. 8:15 look down and realize that my blouse with 10 buttons has ONLY 3 BUTTONED. HELLO! Help me! 8:25 Cell phone rings---full on melody in Ward Council. Silence it and ignore. Later find out it is my friend and girl I visit teach is in the hospital with her 11 year old son with Pneumonia. Primary Presidency changed, Organize cards in Primary for hospital room, Meeting after church and one visit, come home and make 2 dinners---one for us and one for them (friend in Hospital of course). Realize I would rather add 10 more activities to my life than be in the hospital with one of my children, 6:45 p.m. announce I am watching a Disney Movie and not doing anything else for the rest of the day. All kids jubilant---but Dan rolls eyes. It really is too late to watch a movie---and we need to make Valentines. Grumpily haul out Sizzix, Cricut and cutesy paper, make Valentine's for classes and Grandparents. Eventually lighten up. Put cute kids to bed, clean up paper mess 1/2 way and make lunches for the next day.
    Monday: Start all over again! =)

9 comments:

spideybrian said...

I'm tired just reading that. I think I'll go to bed now.

Galloping Grandparents (GG) said...

Me too......get tired just reading that but can see you flying around...but had to laugh at the zipper down and only 3 buttons. Didn't anyone have the guts to tell you???? And I AM going to bed now cuz it's 10:30 and I'm sure you're still flying around....

Jenn & Kiddos said...

Yikes Kim! You really are busy! I will not feel sorry for myself anymore. You are a saint!

The Brown's said...

I am exhausted!

Sorry about the wardrobe manfunctions! Dan needs to check you out head to toe next time you leave the house:O)

The Walker clan said...

Wow!!!!

Kristin said...

Yes, why DO we need to eat so often?

You are crazy busy!

Anonymous said...

Whew! I thought I was busy...Now I'm just tired! I agree with you on the eating thing. Eating consumes WAY too much time! Are you doing Body For Life or something? It sounds familiar, no treats except for a free day. You are Wonder Woman!

Elder and Sister Hale said...

What a busy lady you are! I find that busyness comes in spurts. One week I have time to think and read, the next week it's all I can do to remember to go to the bathroom between chaos! I have a feeling that life will get crazier as kidlets get older! You're awesome!

DeLaina said...

Kim=Wonder Woman!!! Wow.