I love the truths that we find in life. When I was a kid, my younger brother was so doting, he would run out to the car when he heard me pull into the driveway just so he could open my door for me. (I feel confident he would utterly deny that now, but luckily I have the female steel trap brain---just ask my hubby) This same brother also made toast for me one morning and brought it to me before I went to school. He was so enthusiastic as he explained how this was special toast because he had placed jelly on both sides. I learned from that experience, that little brothers can be darling and that one cannot remain clean while eating double jelly toast. I bet you could've guessed that one. Deep. Sticky.
My 4 year old, Bear asked me the other day while we were visiting Grandpa, if he could play on the computer. I was rushing to accomplish a few things (fathom that!) I paused for a minute taking in the possibilities and replied rather hastily (as mothers sometimes do) that he had better not because Grandpa would probably not want him to. He threw up his hands in in frustration and sputtered in 4 year old exasperation "Mom, you can't read minds, you just can't!"
I froze for just a minute surprised by his unexpected outburst and then starting laughing! (Which he did NOT find amusing!) He then repeated solemnly that I could not read minds! To which I giggled. I told him still laughing that I most certainly could not read minds.
Who told him? Who authorized that truth being passed on to such a young mind. I could have lived for years on the lack of that truth in his brain. Moms have eyes in the back of their head. Even my older chickens know and accept that as fact. (Don't tell me otherwise, I can only take one shock per week you know)
Anyway, I didn't even ask permission, I walked Bear over to the computer and found a suitable toddler site and let him play. If he is old enough to know great mommy secrets, then he can certainly play on Grandpa's computer. I'll have to research his sources and see what else he knows.
My 4 year old, Bear asked me the other day while we were visiting Grandpa, if he could play on the computer. I was rushing to accomplish a few things (fathom that!) I paused for a minute taking in the possibilities and replied rather hastily (as mothers sometimes do) that he had better not because Grandpa would probably not want him to. He threw up his hands in in frustration and sputtered in 4 year old exasperation "Mom, you can't read minds, you just can't!"
I froze for just a minute surprised by his unexpected outburst and then starting laughing! (Which he did NOT find amusing!) He then repeated solemnly that I could not read minds! To which I giggled. I told him still laughing that I most certainly could not read minds.
Who told him? Who authorized that truth being passed on to such a young mind. I could have lived for years on the lack of that truth in his brain. Moms have eyes in the back of their head. Even my older chickens know and accept that as fact. (Don't tell me otherwise, I can only take one shock per week you know)
Anyway, I didn't even ask permission, I walked Bear over to the computer and found a suitable toddler site and let him play. If he is old enough to know great mommy secrets, then he can certainly play on Grandpa's computer. I'll have to research his sources and see what else he knows.
No comments:
Post a Comment